Welcome!

Welcome to my art blog! I am an amateur visual artist looking to learn and grow. I have never taken an art class, but it's always been something I've wanted to dabble in. I am now trying to turn it into a hobby. Here on this blog, follow my projects and leave comments with constructive criticism so I can get better!

Thanks!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Wands, Staves and Female Nature Wizard

Hello!

I know I don't have any followers yet, but since I've done a bit more work, I'd like to go ahead and share it for my future viewers :) And then I'll go do a better job of advertising and getting some people to see my work.

So I started by trying to draw a female wizard. This proved to be difficult, as I had to adjust my initial skeleton to match the features of a female body while still fitting the proportions. My goals from the last post was to make more realistic clothing and add more detail in the face (as well as the new goal of getting female body proportions right). How did I do?

She is a light wizard; one who specializes in the light magics. That's about as far as the backstory goes for now (I've learned that the best characters for artwork, especially when those characters are human-esque, have strong backstories). I'll start adding more background and backstory in the future to my characters. I'm trying to focus on specific art enhancements for now.

The next thing I decided to do, after being mesmerized by the idea of the staff in the above drawing, was to do a wand and staff study. I did a little research as far as how wands and staves were used by wizards and then did a little practicing on designing and drawing them.

I also played around with color this time. This is something I've definitely not dabbled with before. It was a lot of fun, so it's something I think I'll continue.

Please let me know how I'm doing so far and what you think of my progression! :) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment