Welcome!

Welcome to my art blog! I am an amateur visual artist looking to learn and grow. I have never taken an art class, but it's always been something I've wanted to dabble in. I am now trying to turn it into a hobby. Here on this blog, follow my projects and leave comments with constructive criticism so I can get better!

Thanks!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Return to sketching: Sirens

Hello again everyone!

I have decided to try to go back to the basics until I feel like I've really mastered them. I feel like leaping into the concept of color might have been a little premature.

So for that reason, this new project was done using primarily the pencil tool, with a little bit of work with the airbrush, blur and smear tools.

This is my own personal spin on the sirens from mythology. She is a magical being who uses her voice to control people. As a singer myself, this one really speaks to me. ;)



I was particularly proud of my work on her forward leg (the one with her foot on tiptoe) and the shading of her hair.

I hope you all like it!

~QD

No comments:

Post a Comment